Skip to content
ART DEMO/ACTIVITY APPLICATION
Terms & Conditions
- We seek artists whose work represents the highest quality in design, materials, and workmanship. All art demos/activities must be approved by the JCPA Festival Committee. JCPA Members maintain the exclusive right to refuse applicants who, in JCPA’s sole discretion, do not meet festival standards.
- No booth fees are required. The art demo/activity must be offered free of charge.
- Art demo/activity hosts must provide all materials, equipment, and set-up necessary to complete the activity.
- Due to space limitations, art demo/activity hosts may not reserve more than one 10×10 booth space.
- Accepted applicants must complete an online confirmation form (you will be emailed a link to the registration form if accepted).
- Move in/set up will begin at 7:00 a.m. Art demo/activity hosts must unload then remove their vehicles from Commerce Street before setting up their booths. All vehicles must be off the street by 9:00 a.m. Displays must be set up one hour prior to opening. The festival opens at 10:00 a.m.
- Art demo/activity host must be present for the duration of the festival.
- Your 10’ x 10’ booth will be clearly marked. Do not exceed beyond your assigned space.
- Demo/activity host booth space must be professional and neat in appearance.
- No displays will be allowed in any aisle or walkway. Please be considerate of your neighbor.
- JCPA committee members will assign the spaces. Only special consideration will be given to artists who need handicap accessibility.
- Equipment (tents, weights, tables, chairs, extension cords, etc.) will be supplied by the art demo/activity host (the Festival will NOT provide these items).
- Electric hook-up will be available to most art demo/activity hosts who require it. However, due to the number of available power sources, electric hook-up cannot be guaranteed for all art demo/activity hosts. Priority will be given to those who require electricity to conduct demonstrations, activities, display videos, etc.
- Art demo/activity hosts must secure their tents and/or umbrellas with suitable weights of 10-15 LBS. per leg minimum.
- Trash will be removed by art demo/activity hosts and disposed of in provided containers.
- This is a rain/shine event. You will be given a 12 hour notice of cancellation in the event of inclement weather. Information on cancellation will be emailed.
- Art demo/activity hosts that need to cancel should notify firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Art demo/activity hosts that do not show and give no notice or leave early may be banned from all future festivals.
- Art demo/activity host breakdowns must start promptly at 6:00 p.m. and all demo/activity spaces must be emptied by 8:00 p.m. No early breakdown.
- By participating in the Art●Struck Festival, you release the City of Johnson City, the Johnson City Public Art Committee, city staff, security, and any festival representative from any responsibility from theft, damage, or loss.
- We will use your artist information and photos on our website and social media for promotional purposes. If you have objections please notify email@example.com.
- You may not assign your space to any other artist.