SCAVENGER HUNT CLUES:
Find a few, or find them all!
Search for the animals that have wandered away from the wall.
1. With my house on my back, I’m tiny and slow. In France, my name is escargot.
Hint: “Check me out” near the entrance of a building filled with books.
2. You won’t find tapirs around town today, but you might spot a fossil while you play.
Hint: Explore Johnson City’s Natural Playground.
3. Near the “Wildabout” mural, on the ground, coyote footprints can be found.
Hint: Try boulder hopping for a better view.
4. What’s the buzz in King Commons? I’ll “bee” glad to tell all. Look for me way up high on the “Wildabout” wall.
Hint: The Ale House patio is a hive of activity.
5. In King Commons, after the rain, you can spy me near the drain.
Hint: Follow the concrete path between the beer garden and the JC sign.
6. Have you seen Papa Bear? He’s running behind. He told us to meet him at the big JC sign.
Hint: We can see the Town View from our hiding spot.
7. This insect has climbed a wall, not a tree, watching artists create at #133.
Hint: Look for me near chicken and bikes.
8. My eyes are huge and I’m really wise; I play all night and sleep at sunrise.
Hint: I watch from my perch near London’s door.
9. On hot summer nights, look for my flashing light. With my eerie green glow, I put on quite a show.
Hint: Find me near a round antique pane on downtown West Main.
10. Find me over one of the Pavilion’s main arches, though I prefer wading near lakeshores and marshes.
Hint: My “profile” picture is farmers market fresh.
11. On a small ledge near a Founders bridge rail, you can catch a glimpse of my mask and striped tail.
Hint: Do you think White Duck Taco Shop offers creekside delivery?
12. Shh! I’m asleep in my creekside nest. After swimming all day, I needed a rest.
Hint: Find these “wild wings” by the railing near the large set of stairs.
13. Have a ssssseat on the bench, and sssssoak up the sssssun. I promise that I’ll never bite anyone!
Hint: The Rotary Bridge is just a short ssssslither away.
14. I’m a tiny amphibian, who can take giant leaps. Look for me in the creek, shouting to my peeps.
Hint: Stop and say hello when you check the water level in Founders Park.
15. I have stripes on my tail, like my friends, Chip and Dale. High on this pine tree, I see flags – 1, 2, 3.
Hint: Cross the street for a Korean taco or some baklava.
16. My long ears are twitching by the back garden wall. Watching diners eat musakka and fried falafel.
Hint: You haven’t found me yet? You’d better hop to it.
17. I look like a dog with a bushy tail. I’m sneaky, sly, and make Dora wail.
Hint: Looking for a lawyer on the corner? Me too! (I ate the gingerbread man).
18. Some call me a beetle, a bird, or a bug, but I’m always a “lady”, just too tiny to hug.
Hint: Look for the giant-sized children playing in the dirt.
19. I flutter behind glass with an “Aerial” view. (The window was open, so inside I flew).
Hint: I’m not a bee, but you’ll find me in the beehive.
20. You’ll find me in a window on an angler’s line, next door to where the Germans dine.
Hint: How long has it been since you’ve had a shave and a haircut?
21. I’ll never win a race at the track, but I’ve always got a home on my back.
Hint: I don’t have much hair, but if I did, I’m in a good spot for grooming. Find me under the walkway cover.
22. I may be hairy and scary with many legs and eyes, and I might be named Charlotte or Peter Parker depending on my size.
Hint: Walk under the breezeway lights and look up.
23. It only smells like the dump when you upset a skunk.
Hint: A good place to meet for sweet smells and treats.
24. This animal will fly away if you want to play.
Hint: Don’t offer this bird a cup of Joe.
25. Near the Majestic Park mural I peacefully sleep. Out of reach from Dos Gatos, across the street.
Hint: Listen for my gentle coo from my perch high above you.
26. It’s odd to find me flying up a brick wall; I swim in the water and never walk nor crawl.
Hint: The rock bass is camped out near a village of artists.
27. You’ll see this little animal with no hair on his tail, lying around in the window of a brewer of ales.
Hint: This marsupial is “o” so sleepy. Or is he just pretending?
28. Do my big claws scare you? I would run away from you too.
Hint: You can select to put your money here.